Monday 31 December 2012

Review: Santhilea Magnetic Lash Mascara

I was lucky enough to win one of the Santhilea 1-2-1 Lash Extension System sets through a FeelUnique.com competition a few months ago, and although I've tried it a few times since, I've never gotten around to blogging about it. A few of the reviews I've read have not been too positive which has prompted me to finally share my results. (Better late than never eh?!)



So, what are you getting for your money?

You get two tubes in the system. 1 containing the magnetic lash builder mascara and 1 containing the brush on velvet fibres.

How does it work?

Apply a light coat of the buildable mascara and allow to dry for a few seconds. Next, brush on the velvet fibres (I find doing it slowly and in a continuous stroke avoids any clumping.). Allow a few seconds drying time and follow with a second coat of the mascara.

Less is more so keep the coats light and even - it's a buildable product so no need to lay it on thick and fast.


Here are a few quick demo pics I did last night:


 1. Before application - My lashes aren't short or thin but being naturally blonde, they are quite pale and therefore lack definition.

Normally I'd use a lash curler first, my preferred look being a heavy, smokey eye.

These pics are going straight onto my bare skin fairly late at night so excuse the lack of base makeup!






 2. Coat 1 of the magnetic mascara.

Remeber to allow a few seconds drying time before moving on - if you want to speed things up a little, try gently fanning your lashes with your hand.

NB. The product is not oil based - an added bonus which helps it stay put and not bleed down onto my cheeks like some products do. 



 3 - Add fibres.

Brush gently and evenly. Try to avoid going over your lashes - remember, it's buildable. you can always repeat this step again if desired and it'll help reduce the chance of clumping.

You can already see how much volume and definition it's added - Imagine how good it looks with a liner and shadow!



4. Second coat of mascara.

Ok, so now you can really see how much longer and thicker my lashes are looking and altough there's a little clumping, as I said earlier, remember this was done very quickly just to give you an idea of the look you can achieve.

I've never repeated the fibre/mascara step again as find that the two coats mascara/one coat fibres is enough to give me the look I want.


 I love this mascara as it's so lightweight and long-lasting. It's also very quick and easy to remove. For someone like me who doesn't use falsh lashes but wants the volumised look, I'd recommend giving it a try.


For further information or to purchase the product, here's a link to the website: http://www.santhilea.com/ where the product retails for £24.99. There's also a competition running at present on the home page where you could get lucky enough to win one of 50 of the lash building systems, and it's free to enter.


Feel free to add a comment and let me know if you've tried this or similar products and what you thought.

x

Gem




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I entered this comp, didn't win, so it is great to read a review from someone who did and it looks great, I am even more jealous now xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete