Monday 15 July 2013

NOTD - OPI If You Moust You Moust, Servin' Up Sparkle & Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat

This weekend has seen temperatures soar and the sun shine, what better to do than paint my nails in a bright summery pink and add some sparkle too?
 
My choice?
For the base colour I chose OPI 'If You Moust You Moust' from the OPI Mini Mouse Collection. I selected the beautiful glitter and holographic OPI 'Servin' Up Sparkle' from the Serena Williams Glam Slam England Collection to add some bling, and Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat for a shiny smooth finish.
 
Before - my nails need tlc but I'm still a novice nail painter with a tendancy to pick at any loose bits and neglect my cuticles...work in progress but they are still in pretty ok condition - two coats of the pink give great coverage and help to hide my sins away!
 
A couple of coats of the sparkle give some serious shine! The hex's are really easy to pick up and deposit on the nail without having to use excessive amounts of product.
 
I find that with glitter polishes more so than any other, a good top coat is essential. It keeps the nail feeling smooth and avoids catching on clothing etc. These pics show some serious shine in natural daylight and after a little tidy up with a cotton bud and some nail polish remover I loved the finished effect.
Update: Three days later and they still look as good as new. Pretty impressive considering I've had a night out and a day on the beach too. At over a week later, this polish combination was still flawless.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment