Saturday 20 April 2013

NOTD - Avon Nailwear Pro Sequined Turquoise

Now, I swore I wasn't going to jump on the band wagon and start NOTD posts but, on a beautiful day like today, I just had to share this one with you all.
 
Today has been the first sign of hope for a warmer summer and, in celebration of this, we've (meaning me and the OH) spent the whole day in the garden. Me - painting my nails, flicking through mags and catching up on facebook. OH - lugging around stones, making tealight holders from tin cans and burning stuff! Along with some wine and cider naturally!
 
Anyhow, enough about that - on to the subject of the post. My nails. Now, I've mentioned previously how I hardly ever bother to paint my nails. Even though there's something irrisistable about those lovely bottles of pigment and glitter I just can't resist buying, I just can't summon the effort to actually adorn my nails with it. In my bid to actually use what I've got, I searched for a colour that would match the bright sunny day perfectly. 
 
My choice ......
 
 
Avon Nailwear Pro in Sequined Turquoise. Costing just £6 for 12ml (although I got it on sale at £3 at the time) it's a pocket-friendly alternative to some of the big named brands and the Avon polish range is definitely something worth consideration.
 
 
 
To me, this shade just screamed long hot days spent languishing in lagoons (cocktails on hand naturally) and a bright sun overhead. The pigment is strong and the fine glitter particles catch the light beautifully. The polish is a great consistency and the brush a good size for accurate application - two coats plus a top coat was enough to give a strong even colour, which I hope you all agree looks lush!
 
 
 
 
It's a shame that this shade is no longer available but there are loads of others on the site so it's well worth a browse, even better if you manage to catch them whilst on offer - here's a quick  link to the section on the Avon website for you.
 
PS - For those of you who shop through TopCashBack, don't forget there's also 10% back on Avon purchases. For anyone not shopping through the site please click through the link I've placed - I've earned over £1000 back from all sorts of online shopping so it's well worth using!

1 comment:

  1. I have this one and love it, it does stain your nails really badly though, I have lots of Avon polishes, mainly bought when they are on offer x

    ReplyDelete